Old November 23rd 04, 10:32 PM
Bill 2

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...

> The recent thread on the Mexican-market Dodge Ram Durango had me over to
> www.dodge.com.mx . Apparently they've got a new model called the "Verna".
> The Verna greets us when the page comes up...
>
> ...replete with Hyundai badge in the middle of the grill. Wonder if this
> is a Mexico-only marketing arrangement, or if DC, having failed to learn
> the lessons presented by years of unholy alliance with Bitsu****ti, has
> got in bed with Hyundai.

They've been in bed with Hyundai for a while. There was(is?) some car
smaller than the Neon sold in Mexico, that is really a rebadged Hyundai.

The two are also working together on future models / platforms /
powertrains.

As well even when they were providing crap, Chrysler didn't cut ties with
Mitsubishi, so I doubt they've learned anything.