Old June 29th 14, 07:17 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
really real

Default BMWs and iPod Classics

> the hard drive is also (very) limited in song capacity : some 12Gb for
> 2500 compressed songs maximum.
> I have no problem with an iphone, and theoretically an ipod classic has
> the same 30 pins interface
> so ?
> there should be an audio input beside the usb input under the driver's arm
> you can use it with your ipod, but you will loose the ability to skip
> tracks on the steering wheel.

My iPhone works fine on bluetooth, but bluetooth sound is compressed.

Plugging in an iPhone directly is no better than plugging in an iPod
Touch. They only hold 64gb

An iPod Classic holds more than twice as much, 160 GB.

I actually use modified iPod Classics that hold 240 GB because someone
puts a bigger hard drive into them. You can buy them on ebay