Old September 7th 13, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Jordan[_4_]

Default Anyone know of an inexpensive K+CAN obd2 diagnostic cable (orK+DCAN) with pins 7 and 8 intact?

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 11:58:51 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:

> I would recommend checking at Bimmerfest or similar if you don't get a
> quick answer here.

Thanks Nate.

I'll move the discussion there as I hadn't realized so few here know
anything about using diagnostic software to troubleshoot issues.

The great thing about bimmers and beemers is that the same exploded
diagrams and diagnostic tools that the dealer has is available to
everyone.

So I would think almost everyone who owns the 1997 to 2003 5-series
BMW would already know about which dual-K KCAN cables work best with
INPA, DIS, & EDIABAS.

Having the same tools as the dealer makes working on bimmers easier,
especially since anyone owning one could go broke if they didn't do
their own diagnostic scans and DIY mechanical work themselves.