Old July 24th 13, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default C5 Oil Pressure Sensor

"chaniarts" > wrote in message
> On 7/24/2013 5:56 AM, aRKay wrote:
>> Ouch! I may just leave it alone and not worry about oil pressure.
>> Looks to be very labor intensive to replace.
>>
>> In article >,
>> "Dad" > wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.genmotorinfo.com/Picture....rvette&Year=20
>>> 00&SectionID=00&SectionDesc=8-CYLINDER%20ENGINE&PicDesc=ENGINE+ASM-5.7L+V8+PAR
>>> T+1+CYLINDER+BLOCK+AND+RELATED+PARTS+(LS1%2f5.7G)+-+Y+&pid=9702261Y00-050
>>>
>>> Item 103 top of the drawing rear of the engine block.
>>>
>>> Or go to http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/ and bore down to your engine
>>> cylinder block - - part number 12616646, $45.79.

> could the wire to it have broken or come off?

My guess would be no, it has a large, locked connector and it is not
where it could be broken off. If it were not making a connection it
should be reading nothing.

I would have it fixed very soon, sometime before the engine goes. I
didn't dig through my manuals but oil pumps have a relief valve and if
it fails you can get very high/low pressure depending on how/what part
of it failed. Getting a reading without the engine running may still
be the relief valve or the sending unit.

What type/weight oil are you using and how often do you change it?