Old March 21st 13, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw,alt.home.repair
Bimmer Owner

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:16:46 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> there are two TO-3 devices there which have been removed
> in all of those photos.

I don't know what a "TO-3" device is, but nobody removed anything
in those photos other than the goop that covered the circuit board.

> has anyone got docs on that mystery IC there? It's from Elmos
> Semiconductor, but it's not a standard Elmos part number on it

Focusing just on that Elmos Semiconductor AG IC from this thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=309399
It looks like the PN is ELMOS, 10901D, 667A 1302A

It might be a generic or a special chip; I can't find it on the web:
http://www.elmos.com/produkte/automo...motor-ics.html