Old August 18th 15, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Help, please... My convertible top has shrunk

On Monday, September 29, 2003 at 9:16:21 PM UTC-7, Steve Forrester wrote:
> It is getting cold and my vinyl convertible roof has shrunk to
> the point where I can not put it up!
>
> I have been unemployed for 1 year and can not afford to buy
> a new one...
>
> Does anyone know any softeners retail, commercial, industrial
> or otherwise that I can use to soften and stretch my vinyl top?
>
> I am really desperate!!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

I had an 89 convertible Mustang GT I had this problem I soaked it with baby oil after I managed to lock the top down in place I kept reapplying the baby oil with top locked in for a week then used baby oil every now and then that eventually straightend it out Good Luck!