Old January 8th 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Arklier

Default Looking for a book on historical lemons

Not the Ralph Nader book, it's a coffee table book I saw at Barnes &
Noble several years back that I regret not picking up at the time. I
don't remember the title or the author, but I do remember that the
cover illustration was a picture of a lemon (the kind used to make
lemonade) with a steering wheel and wheels stuck on it. Most books on
lemons focus on cars made in the last 30 years, but this one had cars
going all the way back to the beginning of the history of the
automobile. In fact, the first entry was the fardier invented by
Nicholas-Joseph Cugnot in 1771, because he attached the steam boiler
in such a way that the full weight bore down on the front wheel and
the driver had to have had arms like a gorilla to steer the thing. I
also remember a picture of a car with 8 wheels from the early part of
the 20th century, as well as more commonly known lemons like the Edsel
and the BMW Isetta.

Anyone familiar with the book I'm talking about that can supply the
author and title?

Thanks.