Old December 29th 04, 07:40 AM

Max wrote:

> Now, were you travelling 55mi/h or more? Perhaps 45mi/h? It's

pointless
> unless you were travelling 40mi/h...

I'm reading a handbook called "Fight Your Ticket in California". Yes,
I'm in California. According to the book, the law here is different
from
that in many other states. In California, it's still okay if I can
prove
that neither "my speed was greater than was reasonable or prudent", nor
"endangered the safety of persons or property". To be honest, I
wouldn't
know precisely that I'm always on or below 40mi/h, unless I was staring
at my speedometer the whole time. But I'm pretty sure I wasn't driving
at 55mi/h or anything close to that!

> Any signals from your radar detector?

As I'm not a (chronic or otherwise) speeder, I've no radar detector
in my car...