Old January 28th 06, 12:58 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default How can this be true?

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:50:31 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Cameron Starr > wrote:
>> Their english isn't great; but I'm curious how they can claim those #'s
>> with just altering the o2 signal -- and "maintain smog certification".

>> I pinged a few people that bought them, but they all had honda's etc..
>> but they swore it made a huge difference...

>> What kind of signal modification could it possibly make?

>They claim it's not just a resistor but a 'chip' Be interested to know how
>an IC could work as an inline device without a ground...

It's obvious. You don't need anything as crude and old-fashioned as a
piece of copper wire going to ground these days. If the device uses
modern technology, like reverse polarity ionization, hyper flux flow,
things like that, then it can all happen completely inside the simple
circuit the OP describes. Hell, it's not even as complex as a
transistor. Do try to keep up, there's a good chap.
--
Dan.