Old January 24th 06, 09:35 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default How can this be true?

Cameron Starr wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4607434334
>
> Their english isn't great; but I'm curious how they can claim those #'s with
> just altering the o2 signal -- and "maintain smog certification".
>
> I pinged a few people that bought them, but they all had honda's etc.. but they
> swore it made a huge difference...
>
> What kind of signal modification could it possibly make?

The theory is to fool the ECU into thinking that the mixture is too
lean. This will then make it enrich the mixture. It is known that a
slightly rich fuel mixture will produce more power at the expense of
more pollutants in the exhaust.

Does this little do-dad work? I seriously doubt it.

--
-Fred W