Old November 24th 11, 12:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Passenger side door lock on C5-doesn't always work

On 10/23/2011 06:06 PM, Bob I wrote:
> Found this thread
>
> http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...sometimes.html
>

> On 10/23/2011 3:57 PM, spus wrote:
>> Seems occasionally the right door won't unlock . Is there a fix for this?

I see this is an old thread and hopefully you've got it fixed now, but
GM seems to be completely unable to make a decent power door lock
actuator. Lots of problems with these with Impalas, have personally
seen it on two different cars (one twice on two different doors) and
fleet coordinator at work told me that it happened on lots of them.
they just bind up, especially when the car is parked in the sun. Don't
know if there is a fix besides replacing the actuator - all of these
cars had failures while still under warranty.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel