Old January 17th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

Default Accord coupe - washer fluid container

"Paul" > wrote in message . ..
> If your preferred method is to suck the reservoir absolutely dry before
> refilling it, thus risking being without washer fluid at some point when you
> really need it, then yes, I suppose you might consider it a bad design.
>
> If, on the other hand, you do what a lot of people do and add fluid to the
> reservoir periodically before it's completely dry, and then put the bottle
> back in the garage for next time, then it really doesn't much matter how big
> either the reservoir or the bottle is, does it?

I can see you are an old fashioned guy who likes to spend time
with his car and keep the garage full of funny bottles... :-)

Good design in my opinion would be low fluid warning light
on the dashboard and reservoir big enough to hold FULL bottle
when the warning ligth comes on to minimalise required mainenance.

The only warning I get from my accord is that the stream of
water is weaker, but then I have 2-3 more attempts and it is dry.
Even then it does not hold the full bottle, which is sad... :-)

Don't get me wrong, but I am comparing this accord to my old
1995 camry, which it happens had the reservoid big enought
to hold the full gallon of fluid in one big gulp.