Old April 2nd 05, 06:10 PM
Tony Rickard

"Andi Cole" wrote:

> Hmm, not so significant this year, not many people bothering to say
> anything, could this be the end for RL?

I don't see why. I think Chris & Tony have simply given up communicating
with the sim community simply because it didn't really work out for them and
they are simply biding their time until they have something to say with an
output to go with it.

I'm as guilty as anyone of voicing my displeasure at the news of a car
transporter being worked being announced on their website. The reality is it
had no impact on the development of RL because the physics engine takes
longer than the graphics side. So Tony was able to do this without impacting
on the timescales of production just as he was able to work on Virtual RC.

I guess Tony thought as race fans it would be good to tell us about the
additional goodies we could expect whereas the sim community wanted a demo
and nothing less would do.

Despite some vitriolic posts against them I still believe the Wests are
dedicated to producing a hardcore sim and listen to the wants of the sim
community.

It is unfortunate that the nature of public forums with communities and
developers seldom seem to gel and despite some good efforts the developers
find it all too much and find a private group to deal with, hence the
apparent silence.

Cheers
Tony