Old September 22nd 04, 12:36 AM
Kent

I expect they will be, once they arrive at the end of the week or maybe
Monday (I had to order them from the dealer). Fortunately, I do have a tool
to compress the springs while the circlip is installed. A funny story
regarding that tool: it just so happens that the spare tire/jack hold-down
from a 1987 Dodge Omni is nearly identical to the special VW tool used to
compress the flange springs. Weird huh? I took it off my girlfriend's car 10
years ago right before it went to the wrecker. At least that old Omni turned
out to be good for something...

--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles

> wrote in message
> Are those drive flanges any harder to install with the springs?
>
> "Kent" > wrote:
>
> >Okay, thanks, I'm going to give it a try.
> >
> >--
> >Kent
> >1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles
> >
> > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> No, that is a good explaination. Make the 0 degree mark when it is
> >> reassembled. Get a piece of paper and make a mark .472". hold 0" at
> >> the 0 degree mark and mark the .472" That hole is huge. I have made
> >> new marks before that way.

> >already

> >let's

the