Old June 20th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

Default I love my new shoes!

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:17:42 -0500, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> "Carbon" wrote:
>
>> He's going this year with his Miata, this time in the Unlimited class
>> with an LS V8 under the hood. I'm not sure he'll be able to beat the
>> cost-no-object rally cars, but the performance of that Miata is going
>> to surprise a lot of folks.

> So, did he skip a year and then he's going back? The recent show I
> watched, I assume was a recent (2011) Targa Newfoundland but I can't
> say that I remember checking the 'info' to confirm. There was a real
> giant killer in the mix. It was a Nissan 240sx that the driver
> described as a $15,000 gravel rally car, that was competing nip and
> tuck with $200,000 and $300,000 cars until they pushed a bit too hard
> and it got away from them and they crashed it. Fun show!

I think that was the 2010 race.

Keith Tanner built his Targa Miata for the Targa Newfoundland 2008, and
raced in 2008 with his wife as co-driver. With close to three times the
power, this year's car ought to be pretty exciting to watch. I'm looking
forward to it. More details he http://www.targamiata.com/index.php