Old July 24th 06, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Default Is Ford Running on Empty?

What I said was Toyota give the impression their cars are far more fuel
efficient than domestic which is not factual. CAFE is based on weighted
sales. The CAFE for the Camry looks high because eight out to ten Camrys
sold in the US have only a 4 cy engine, while most of it competitors have a
V6 as standard. equipment. GM and Ford offer more models that get 30 MPG
or more than dies Toyota. Toyota does have smaller cars that get better
mileage but their Trucks and SUVs are not better or as good as some of the
SUVs and trucks or similar size and engines and around half of the vehicles
sold in the US are trucks and SUVs. Someone recently compared GMs Cobalt to
the Corolla but the Corolla has a smaller engine. Smaller cars and truck
with smaller engines can get better mileage but many drivers do not buy for
fuel economy alone, and will not be satisfied with underpowered cars just to
get a few miles more per gallon, I suspect.

mike hunt