Old December 2nd 05, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Clutch advice

If the throwout bearing was lubricated correctly before it was installed on
the shaft, it will tend to sling any leaking tranny fluid out to the
bellhousing. A bad leak or a plugged bellhousing drain might allow tranny
fluid to drip onto the clutch, or build up until the flywheel and clutch
contacts a puddle of fluid. (I've not run across this on a Miata, but there
is always a first time.)

On the other hand, a Miata shop like R Speed in Atlanta would more likely
have run across all the possibilities.
..