Old May 3rd 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

Default Mazda3 clunk

On 2010-05-03, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article >,
> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>
>> I was always rather fond of the Mazda 3 (as far as FWD hardtops go),
>> but this last year it looks like they beat it with the same ugly stick
>> that they first used on the RX8.

> From personal experience, you can't see the silly bodywork from the
> driver's seat. What other folks see is *their* problem!

But I'll still know it's there, and I'm too vain to bear the constant
nagging thought that passers by are saying to themselves: "look at
that 50 year old guy on his way to buy some decals, yello wiper
blades, and a 6" exhaust tip."

> Our dark gray 3 is a 2007, so the front end isn't quite as goofy.

Yea, I just can't get past the new front end. It reminds me of
something out of a bad 1970's science fiction movie. The rest of it
isn't bad. At least they seem to have resisted the urge to add
hood-vents and gill-slits.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! The entire CHINESE
at WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all