Old May 3rd 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

Default Mazda3 clunk

On 2010-05-03, Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:

> "andy-k" <no.email@address> wrote in message
>> Oh right... sarcasm. Sorry to be so slow Chris, but I'm not very good at
>> sarcasm. You prompted me to look up 'miata' only to find that I'm posting
>> on the wrong group. Apologies all round.

> I was not being sarcastic! I was serious, please let us know what you
> figure out. We're most all Miata folks first but Mazda folks second
> (or third ;-)

I was always rather fond of the Mazda 3 (as far as FWD hardtops go),
but this last year it looks like they beat it with the same ugly stick
that they first used on the RX8.

I guess I understand the desire for a "corporate identity", but
couldn't they have come up with a classier identity?

Are they trying to target the same customers as alienware PCs?

Next thing you know Mazdas will all come the plexiglas hoods,
transparent light-up fan-blades, and CCFL UV lamps illuminating
florescent cabling and hoses.

Maybe I'm just getting old...

--
Grant