Old March 13th 05, 08:58 PM
Steve Smith

Sorry, I meant to say BMW didn't have the M3 V8 in the FIA's GT Racing
series (which is what the game GTR simulates). They did run the car
elsewhere, but the race at the Nurburgring wasn't part of the FIA GT
Championship that year:

http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?eve...03&reporttype=

Neither were such enduro classics as Daytona, Sebring, the TT, Le Mans, etc.
Politics...or worse, *French* politics. (Sorry if I offended any
descendants of Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Montier--better known
as the Marquis de Lafayette--we are still grateful....)

"Robin Lord" > wrote in message
news
> >> Yeah...if only SimBin had had a BMW M3 V8 in GTR (to be fair, BMW

didn't
> >> have an M3 in the year simmed--2003--only that fruity little Z3

hatchback
> >> with the inline 6). The M3 was supposed to be avail as an add-on, but
> >> apparently BMW freaked. (Or demanded blood money.)
> >>

> > Thats too bad. You would think these mfg's would realize it's free
> > advertising and not name exploitation. Isnt racing all about

advertising