Old September 17th 17, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default Correct VIN?

On 09/17/2017 01:10 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 16:06:07 -0400, micky >
> wrote:
>
>>In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 17 Sep 2017 19:45:36 +0000, Stormin' Norman
> wrote:
>>
>>>You can also log into Google Photos from your computer, your images
>>>should be automatically backed up to the Google account associated
>>>with the phone.

>>That's scarey. I have to check it out some day.

> I think it is great, it allows one to delete pictures from your device
> to free up space and still have the pictures available.
>
> I can't remember if it happens automatically or if you need to first
> enable the feature on the phone.

I think it happens automatically -- I would never have wanted to do this
because I only upload edited photos that I actually want to upload.
Since I don't have a data plan, it must wait until I'm logged in to my
home wifi. I don't like this, and I suppose I could defeat it, but I
don't care that much.

I transfer my photos from the phone to my computer by FTP. It works
wirelessly, but photos would frequently be damaged in transit (only half
of a photo went through, strange colors, other aberrations); never
happens if I do the same thing but plugged in via USB.

Micky, you might try reformatting your sdcard in the phone. Sometimes
**** happens for no reason at all.

--
Cheers, Bev
The stone age didn't end for lack of stones.