Old November 21st 05, 08:11 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Hybrid Lovers Read This and Lament

In article . com>,
says...

Holy ****, you are making sense.

>Detroit could easily build a 2500 pound
>family car that gives 40 mpg and costs $8,000 brand new and gives
>250,000 trouble-free miles on nothing but routine maintenance.

Then right on cue, you do a 180 and starting talking out of your ass.
I suggest you go to China and drive an $8000 car. I think you will be
unpleasantly surprised.

Replacing steel with other materials could help bring the weight of cars
down, but the price is not going be anywhere near $8k.
Alex