Old November 19th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default From the AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Files.

<Rant>

Flash back to earlier in the week when I had to have the water pump and
serpentine belt replaced in my car. Not a big deal - both were the
originals on a 10YO car.

Flash forward to about 2 hours ago (from the time of this post). I'm
pulling over to the side of the road, no power (save for the battery)
and no power steering. Pop the hood and through the smoke I see the
idler pulley that attaches to the alternator (which would have had to be
removed to get to the water pump) resting on one of the A/C lines. Can
you say shoddy workmanship on the part of the mechanic??? I knew you
could.

</Rant>

My telling this story doesn't change anything, but if nothing else, It
let me blow off some steam (pardon the pun)...

necromancer

Official Overseer Of Kooks And Trolls In rec.autos.driving