Old September 16th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

Default multiple factory service manuals?

"William R. Walsh" m>
writes:

> There are two manuals, each one covering different subjects. The ones I have
> for my '84 Reliant cover Electrical and Engine Performance (one book) and
> all body stuff is in the other book.
>
> It's worthwhile to have both of them. I've found them to be very good
> resources. Would like to find a set for the '88 Reliant "project wagon".

You're talking about a single manual, in multiple volumes. The OP was
talking about a FSM, and one of the other, more specialized references
Chrysler put out. So, for instances, I have the FSM for my '78 Newport,
which is in two volumes (in '78 they were Electrical and Everything
Else), and I also have the '78 Emissions Manual and the '78 Parts
catalog.

Somebody else mentioned getting the manual on CD -- absolutely the only
way to go, if available for your car. Print the pages you need for the
procedure you're going to perform, put them in a 3-ring binder, throw
them away afterwards. No 30 year old paper manuals held together by
duct tape...