Old July 30th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Default Hum after rear-end gear change

88 Mustang GT Conv. wrote:
> I'm coming to all of you as the experts.
>
> I've recently had my gears changed in my 1988 5.0L convertible to
> 3:73:1. (I only have 152,000KM on the car) There's a humming noise
> which comes from the rear-end which gets significanltly louder between
> 60-90 KM / Hr.
>
> I was told by the mechanic that this is a common thing with the gears
> and should be ignored.
>
> Just wanting to get some thoughts/opinions.
>
> The mechanic I'm dealing with is great and has always done excellent
> work on the car. He goes over and above what I've asked him to do with
> little cost.
>
> I'm just thinking that it should be normal as it can become quite
> annoying.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc

He's correct in that it is a fairly normal occurrence after new
gears are installed and not properly adjusted. That's why gear
replacement is something I had done, proper adjustment is critical and
not very easy.

--

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on
talking when people are no longer interested?

HAROLD: A teacher