Old September 2nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default 156 spark plug change

R D S > wrote:

> > That's not plugs. That's going to need the ECU fault codes reading to
> > find out the cause of the problems.

> (replied to email in error)
>
> Error codes are misfire cylinder 1,and camshaft position sensor, althogh the
> CPS has been replaced.
> I thought i'd do the plugs then take back to the garage if neccesary.

Clear down the ECU before going any further.

Disconnect the +ve lead from the battery and hold it against the -ve
terminal for 20-30 seconds.

Re-connect +ve lead and see what happens. This should drain and re-set
all settings and codes from the ECU.

Once you've done that, the car will either be running OK, or will be
giving the current error codes on reading the ECU.

It doesn't sound like a plug fault to me, unless they're approaching the
change interval.

The new CPS could also be faulty / not correctly fitted.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL