Old August 11th 16, 11:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Rangel

Bill Vanek, dsi1:

Thank you for all of your well-thought out
insights!

Bill: The wander is gradual, over time, and
having both hands on the wheel at all times
seems to minimize it, but it is a tiring way to
have to drive.

The elephant in the room seems to be that
front cross camber, which my alignment
sheet seems to indicate equals negative 0.5.
I always thought the difference betwen -0.8
and -02. is 0.6. That is enough for concern,
and it seems correcting that alone would solve
my problem.

The excessive rear toe could be corrected
at some point in the future.

I actually prefer a *gradual* pull(or point) to
the right, for obvious safety reasons, and
that is what would happen once that front
neg camber is closer to equal. As it is now,
changes in local road crown and overall
road angle are producing gradual wander
either way, at local speeds and highway
speed. I read somewhere about 'camber
thrust' - and I believe that is what my front
cross camber is contributing to.

I just need to find someone who is willing
to do *whatever* it takes to fix it - replace
parts, slot something, whatever!

I have not made my first payment on this
car yet, and will return it if this issue
cannot be solved.