Old February 18th 08, 01:54 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
mike[_24_]

Default Audi A4 "left dipped headlight" problem

On Feb 1, 10:43 pm, Robert > wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:59:03 -0800, mike wrote:
> > The left headlight of my 2006 Audi A4 quattro has this annoying -- and
> > dangerous -- problem:
> > 1. The left headlight flickers
> > 2. It then turns itself off
> > 3. The message "left dipped headlight" appears
> > 4. The message is changed to a sign indicating that the lightbulb has
> > failed.

> I have an '02 A4 with the same problem. I notice it more in the winter
> then the summer. I do not know any fix for this so if you happen to come
> across any I would be thankful if you would pass on this information.
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Robert
>
> Smile... it increases your face value!
> Linux User #296285http://counter.li.org

I can't believe it!

I took my A4 to the garage and two things were done:
- the code (presumably software version) for the light were checked
and it was correct
- the igniter was changed

And the result?
- the problem with intermittent going out problem disappeared
- the same problem begins to occur on the right headlight !

I can't believe it!