Old December 18th 07, 11:57 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Art[_3_]

Default '84 crossfire to carburator conversion

Thank You, that is my sentiments exactly, with only driving this car less
than 5k/yr max it is a fun toy like a '32 roadster with a 350, the intake
and carb combination is street legal in all 50 states, the catalytic
converters were off this car when I bought it 7 years ago, if this were a
day driver I might feel different, to be slammed about emissions when I look
at the trucks on the interstate smoking so black for thousands of miles each
day. To try to sell this car for even near what I paid for it is
impossible. But to take the top out on a Saturday morning and drive it to
the golf course is what toys are for.

Thanks
"Elbert" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:53:54 GMT, "Art" > wrote:
>
> >Hello All Again,
> >
> >After doing tremendous research I think the conversion is not very

difficult
> >as long as certain things are compromised. Please allow me to run these
> >things by everyone for comment.
> >
> >1. Emissions - 1984 was a very early stage of emission control and the
> >components can be easily bypassed or disconnected completely and be

similiar
> >to the '79 'vette, as strictly a toy car for me I feel the emmissions

issue
> >is non existant as I dirve the car less than 5000/yrs tops and there are

no
> >emision controls where I live and if I must bypass those laws it can be

done
> >by either reregistering th ecar as a street rod or an antique.
> >
> >2. Intake and Carb - Edelbrock has a combination that will fit under the
> >hood and not force outside body alterations,so on the street it is
> >invisible.
> >
> >3.Valuation - the value of an '84 C4 with 128,000 miles is very limited

as
> >it now stands probably the maximum value is less than $5,000 a very
> >inexpensive toy for a play car. With the conversion I know I could sell

it
> >for around $3500.00 a $1,500 loss but much less than a new toy.
> >
> >4. Distributor - this is kinda up in the air some say it has to be replac

ed
> >with a vac advance distributaor and some say t does not, i will have to

try
> >the original first and if it don't work then replace it.
> >
> >5. The biggest issue is the transmission with the kickdown, most
> >information is split 50/50 but it appears the the computer does not

control
> >the transmission and is controlled by a cable that may have to custom

made