Old May 12th 05, 07:50 PM
Dinsdale

On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:13:04 GMT, "Paul Garza"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know how do disconnect the rear parking brake cable from the
>rear backing plate on a '66 coupe with rear drums?

If it's like my '65, you have to compress those spring-loaded
fingers...or tines...or prongs to get it out of the backing plate
right?
On one side I was lucky and used a small screwdriver to push one tine
in at a time while I was pulling on the cable and it came out. The
other side I used a small hose clamp around the tines to compress them
at the same time. Someone once told me a box-end wrench would work
too.

DP
Pics of the cars:
http://tinyurl.com/d2q9u