Old July 19th 14, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default C7

"Rufus" > wrote in message
> Dad wrote:
>>
>> "Blue C5" > wrote in message
>>> I had the opportunity to get a look at the C7 in town. Our first
>>> (small town). It seems as though the roof has been dropped down.
>>> My
>>> imagination?
>>>
>>> Bob Drake

>> Height of the C5 47.7 inches, C6 47.7 inches, the C7 is 48.8
>> inches, any
>> of then setting in the Corvette museum minus 38 feet..

> ...maybe this is why I've been having a really hard time warming up
> to the C7. We have a couple of them in town, and I've visited them
> at dealers, and I just flat don't like them. They seem "taller" and
> boxy...and now I know why - they are taller. And I seem to be
> really sensitive to what color does for the lines of the car.
>
> The pictures I've seen of the new Z06 do look "right" to
> me...because they are wider and that makes them look as low as they
> should be, I think. But there's no way I'd own a C7 Z06 because of
> the carbon brakes...just plain too much of an expense on the upkeep
> for my driving style.
>
> Maybe a C7 Gran Sport?..maybe...
>
> --
> - Rufus

So you need a fatter sports car for a fat American? Sorry, I just
don't like the fat Grand Sport and I say keep it lean and mean.. I
totally agree that the color make it look different depending on your
tastes. The black is looking better with the dark gray second, I've
even considered the dark green.

We came out of our favorite restaurant 2 days ago and I had to open
the hatch and crawl in to pull it out far enough to let the better
half get in, (I can say that because she paid for lunch). The numb
nutz in the whacked out Honda parked on her door would have taken the
paint off a Grand Sport. I have also found more than just a few Grand
Sports sitting on the lot, maybe a dozen or so.

I to have to deal in a small town that has no allotment or ability to
sell the C7, seems GM thinks it is its own brand name now. Believe me
I've tried and after 6 dealers they can kiss my ass. On the other hand
Les Stanford has a couple with $6,000 knocked off the price that I'm
going to go take a look at next week. I have to say that I have lost
my "burning" desire to even trade. Run a craigslist search around
Detroit and at that time I found 5 used for sale, all with less than a
1,100 on them, what's up with that?.