Old March 6th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default No electric to new fuel pump

wrote:
> I recently installed a new fuel pump on a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
> Laredo and it is not getting any power. I checked the voltage at the
> connection and it read 11 something but when I plug the fuel pump
> in.........it loses all voltage. Something is grounded it when I plug
> it in. I have checked all relays and I am completely
> stumped........any thoughts.

you say you've checked the relay but is it possible that the fuel pump
relay has high resistance across the contact points... sounds plausible
esp. if the old pump really was bad, could have been drawing very high
current causing an arc when the points closed/opened. If a relay for
your vehicle is not that expensive I'd try it.

good luck,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.