Old March 12th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default F1 Qualifying... run that past me again

"Pushing the limits a bit"? You're kidding right? MS ran a total of 2
laps in the first segment IIRC and I'll bet Ferrari wasn't the only
team that ran very few laps. The 2nd segments wasn't a lap-fest either
for the Scuderia and maybe another 3-4 in the final segment to take P1.
Sure, it's 10x more than last year, but not so different than the 1
hour qual sessions of years ago. In fact it's a lot better for those
(like me) who attend GP's. Qual sessions were pretty boring last year
at Indy (only to followed up by "other" issues") but this format was
setup for the fans it would seem.

I do agree on the refueling plan as it seems like an afterthought.

Max: "Hmmmm...this new qual plan is good. Anything want to add anything
else?
FIA Lackey: Sure, how about a complex refueling plan, but only for the
Top 10 cars?"
Max: BRILLIANT!

>From reading websites, mags etc and hearing commentary, it sounds like

the FIA wants very different fuel strategies spread through the field.