Old March 11th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default F1 Qualifying... run that past me again

After watching it this AM, I really like it. A LOT more action than any
format I recall from before.

The short version of the Knockout Format:

Session 1 - Timed session in which all 22 drivers attempt a timed lap.
Bottom 6 drivers are dropped at the end of the session and qual in
P17-P22. No times valid after the session times out.

Session 2 - Timed session same as Session 1. Bottom 6 drivers are
dropped and qual in P11-P16.

Session 3 - Timed session. Teams declare to the FIA what starting fuel
level they are running. This will be the MAX level that they can top
off to after the Qual session. Only other difference is that laps
started before the session times out WILL count.