Old June 12th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Older cars and "young service people"

On Fri, 29 May 2009 17:39:28 -0500, "Dick R." > wrote:

>I bring my 84 Capri 5.0 into the local Goodyear (people I trust)
>once a year for lube and oil. Sometimes I'll drop the car off
>the night before, and I always remind them that the
>car doesn't have fuel injection, and you have to pump the
>accelerator to start it.
>
>An old fart that still loves the sound when you hit the
>accelerator and the 4bbl carb opens up.
>
>Dick

One shop I went to, the mech lifted the hood, saw the
Edelbrock 4-bb, and said, 'wowl I don't even know how to tune an
engine with one of those.'

Fortunately, I wasn't there for a tune-up. LOL
--

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4,
OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16x8" V40s, BFG gForce