Old October 11th 08, 05:29 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
jim beam

Default Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

L Alpert wrote:
> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Retired VIP > wrote:
>>
>>> Scott, I don't believe that Honda or any other car manufacturer does
>>> quality control testing on anything produced outside of their own
>>> factories.

>> Sure they do.
>>
>> They spec power steering fluid and auto trans fluid, and if you bypass
>> their stuff, you see problems.
>>
>> Engine oil, probably not.

> I have never had an issue with the Hondas I have owned over the past 30
> years or so using off the shelf items such as ATF, antifreeze, brake fluid,
> oil, etc.

i use c.o.t.s antifreeze, brake fluid etc., but not atf. in my
experience, the only atf that makes a honda shift well is honda z1. if
you've added non-honda fluid and it's been "ok", it sounds like you
haven't achieved full dilution.

> I seriously doubt that there is anything "special" about them other than the
> label.

rather than just "doubt", why don't you do some homework? do you
"doubt" that the component quality used by honda under the hood is any
better than frod? have you ever dissected a honda vs. non-honda spec
igniter unit for instance? honda may not manufacture half their stuff
directly, but they /do/ write the spec and /do/ undertake q.c.