Old July 20th 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
WayneC

Default Soft tires/sizes for 63 SB?

lib wrote:
> What Goodyear model would be a good, smooth, soft-riding tire size for a
> 250HP roadster? I am interested in a road, not race tire. The entire
> suspension has been replaced and I will need to have both front and back
> aligned. The alignment shop recommended that I install the new tires before
> aligning. The problem is the tire store is 50 miles away from align. shop.I
> will be using my ET-IV (7.0 x 15) rims. I would like a wide tire, but not
> so wide it would rub. All the fender wells, etc. are stock. Thanx- lib

Probably the closest to the original size is 205/75-15, but you will
have a hard time
finding decent tires in that size; I don't think Goodyear offers one.

215/70-15 should work fine, and either the Assurance ComforTred or the
TripleTred
would be good, smooth, quiet cruising tires; the TripleTred has bit more
aggressive tread pattern,
and might perform better in rain or snow, while the ComforTred may offer
a slightly
smoother/softer ride. Both are "T"-rated in this size, and both are
blackwalls.

I use ComforTreds on a Camry sedan I own, and my brother-in-law uses
TripleTreds on his Volvo
V70 wagon, and we are both well-satisfied with them (although I think in
the size he uses, the
TripleTred is "H"-rated)

Other good choices would be Yokohama Avid Touring (which come in a
white-stripe,
should you be so inclined; they are only "S"-rated), or Michelin X
blackwalls (but the
Michelin X is only available through Costco or Sam's Club).