Old May 12th 06, 06:40 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Brera review

On 11 May 2006 14:11:02 -0700, "John, UK." >
wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:44:08 GMT, Catman
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Frankly I think most of them make it up on the spur of the moment, and
>> >probably don't have the experience needed to make a valid judgment.

>> I sometimes wonder if they even drive the car sometimes..it's easy to
>> go on the Internet and cobble up a review!

>The 2 reports I have seen have both been on the same small narrow road
>track where you could not swing a cat anyway. I would much rather see
>it going round a track like Brands Hatch or Silverstone.
>John,UK.

mmm... it's true the engine is not totally from Alfa, but it's
completely reworked to match Alfa requirements!
Remember that one test in AR is that the engine must work at full
power for a certain amount of time (I do not remember how much) and we
must remember that the "original motor" was not strong enough...
Apart this boosting, in Alfa have tuned the motor also for the sound!
I can accept the crying of the motor is not like the old twin sparks
or, better, the old boxers... but remember that designers had to put
some acoustic isolation... these type of cars are no more only toys...
I have an Alfa GT and it is a true all days car... and very very
very... very nice to drive!

Bye,
Flavio - Italy - Alfa Romeo GT