Old October 11th 05, 02:47 AM
Byron Forbes

Well, there is no doubt that real life tracks and cars have a definate
novelty value. GPL is an excellent example - it conveyed the awesome tracks
and cars of the day brilliantly. It was also, more importantly, a complete
game and in no way alpha or beta code.

As far as GTL and GTR2 goes, first of all Simbin took us all for a ride.
Once bitten........................

Secondly, the novelty of real life stuff soon disappears and all that
remains is either a great simming experience or an unsatisfying, frustrating
experience eg. GTR. rFactor has plenty to keep me going as it is for at
least 6 months, but the reality is that in the next 6 months there will be a
ton of tracks and mods relesed for it. Even taking my dislike for Simbin out
of the equation, I see no reason to fork out for GTL or GTR2 when rFactor
will no doubt dish up the same and in a proven format as well. It just seems
like a waste of money to me unless the cars in GTL hold a VERY special place
in your heart.

The above is the attitude of someone only interested in online league
racing ie a proper simmer! LOL