Old December 16th 04, 08:37 PM
Jeff Strickland

If you change the oil, check it regularly, every few hours of operation, to
see if it turns milky again. If it does, you still have problems. Also, if
you check the oil while the motor is running, it should have bubbles on the
stick if there is water or coolant in the crankcase.

"Phill" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >,
> says...
>
> They said they had changed the oil 3 times , if they did or not is a
> different matter , will do another oil and filter change and see what
> happens
>
> Will let you know
>
> Phill
>

> > "Phill" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > >
> > > Just had headgasket done on my E30 316 and all appears ok driving ,

was
> > > told though to keep an eye on the oil and water levels just to make

sure
> > > Had a look yesterday after having te car back for a day and the water

is
> > > ok , but the oil looks like milky coffee and seemed rather a lot in ,
> > > rang the garage ( my Uncle ) and said it would be like this for a bit
> > > until the engine burns the water off !! just keep checking it
> > >
> > > Thought it would be best to do a full engine flush this weekend ,

whats
> > > the best way to get rid of all the gunk out of it ????
> > >
> > > Cheers !
> > > Phill

> > It sounds like all you need is an oil change.
> >
> > My guess is that coolant flowed into the crankcase during the service

work.
> > Your Uncle probably should have drained the oil for you, but it sounds

like
> > they did not. You need to hope they did not because if they did and you
> > already have coolant mixed in, then you still have head gasket problems,

or