Old November 14th 04, 11:53 PM
Mark J. Amero

Default Opinions of the 1988 735i ---Should I buy one??

Hello everyone,
I am posting this because I would like some feedback, details and opinions
regarding the 1988 BMW 735i.

I currently own a 1989 525i and have had it about a year. It is my first
experience owning a BMW. Unfortunately (due to my own fault of not
thoroughly checking the car first) my 525i has a series of issues. After
getting the car inspected recently, I have realized that it will cost more
to get my 525i fixed than I feel it is worth. SO... I am looking at selling
or trading in my 5 series. Although my car has issues, I do like BMW's and
am seriously considering buying a 7 series of the same period.

Can those of you who own a 1988 735 please give me your opinions and
experiences. How does the 7 series compare to the 5 series? I have taken a
1988 735i for a drive and I like it. What are some things that I can expect
to go wrong? How does the gas mileage compare from a 5 to 7 series? The one
I drove was an 8 cylinder and my 525i is a 2.5 6 cylinder. It seems like a
more solid car compared to my 525. I would really appreciate any information
you can give me before I decide if I should buy a BMW again in the near
future. Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

Mark