Old October 31st 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Matt Brown

Default '98 SW2 with cylinder problems

The good news: you just need a new valve cover gasket to fix the oil
issue. Oil simply leaks into the area where the spark plug goes, and
when you pulled out the spark plug it drained into the cylinder.
nothing to worry about, but change the valve cover gasket.
The bad news: this would not cause your no-start. Can you give us
more information? Does it crank, but not start? Pull off all the
spark plug wires. Have someone crank the car while you look at the
coil packs (the small end of the spark plug wire). You should see
arching across the towers. If you do not - you need a new CPS
(Crankshaft Position Sensor). $15 part, not to difficult to install.

Go to www.saturnfans.com and check the forums for more information.

-RangerRover