Old March 5th 14, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
nospam[_4_]

Default The official view on distracted driving

In article >,
Harry K > wrote:

> > > But you conveniently ignore the stone cold FACT that it removes a whole
> > > bunch of distracting things for the idiots to play with.

> > And you are conveniently ignoring the stone cold FACT that taking toys
> > away from a person who finds not running over me boring leaves a bored
> > person looking everywhere but at the road for something to do.

> True that. Not sure but I certainly hope you are not one of those who think
> you need something to amuse yourself with while driving.

nobody said one should amuse themselves when driving.

> As has said many times in this thread "you can't fix stupid" and no law will
> force anyone to keep their mind and eyes on the road while driving. All that
> can be done is ban or disable some of he play toys.

wrong.

what can be done is requiring better driver training. that will be far
more effective without affecting those who already know how to drive
responsibly.

to you anyone with a phone is a bad driver, that's a rather sweeping
and completely bull**** generalization.