Old March 23rd 05, 07:10 PM
L Sternn

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:35:28 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:07:48 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>>
>>>Of course he shouldn't be fired. He's an 18 year veteran with no prior
>>>disciplinary action. I wouldn't wish a firing on anyone in any profession
>>>with that record, just based on a comment.

>> On one hand, you're consistent! <G>

>I asked myself why that is and came up with a pretty good answer. There are
>a lot of stories that come through these groups where cops have screwed up.
>You can read the story and say "yeah, that guy f#$cked up".

He INTENTIONALLY ****ed up.

We don't need people like him (or you) carrying guns and being in
positions of authority.

> Then there are
>stories like this one where someone got their feelings hurt.

People could have died, and quite possibly did because of his actions.

> Well, boo
>freakin hoo.

I'm sure people will be crying at the victims funeral.

> Suck it up like a man and move on with your life; you'll be
>ok. Then of course, there are the ones in the middle where we don't quite
>have all of the information so we go back and forth for weeks with people
>making up crap and assumptions the whole way. A good personal example is of
>a complaint that came in the other day. Some guy wrote a letter complaining
>to internal affairs that he received two citations and the cop was rude to
>him. IA wrote their official report and sent it to the supervisor to
>investigate. The supervisor calls the violator and asks him how the cop was
>rude. The answer he got was "well, he wrote me two tickets". "Uh..... ok,
>that's something you'll have to see a judge about. Tell me how the cop was
>rude". "Well if he hadn't written me two tickets I never would've
>complained". "Ok, sir, you have a nice day". Case closed, unfounded.
>That's why stories like this bug the hell out of me.

That's completely irrelevant to this case.

>> On the other hand, I agree - the bunch around here is very, very quick to
>> have
>> people fired or say that a person shouldn't be driving. Leave it up to
>> this
>> bunch, and _nobody_ would be qualified to drive due to some innocuous
>> minutia
>> about their driving that they simply don't like.

>Apparently they can all be better cops than the ones currently employed too.

I have no doubt I could and would be.