Old July 12th 18, 12:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Frank

Default how does the map get into the radio?

On 7/11/2018 5:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 12:32 PM, Frank wrote:
>

>> Don't know about current Toyota's but a friend said it would cost $200
>> to have dealer put new maps in his Rav 4.Â* Garmin maps may be updated
>> as much as four times a year.Â* It is not just road changes but new
>> business openings and business addresses changing.

> Its a real money make for them.Â* Most cars are $100 to $200.Â* My car has
> 3 years included or I'd not bother.

I had recalled ads in car magazine for dealers that dealers could make a
large profit off accessories.

Googled it up and found this recent article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhenr.../#21a63e5e1e6f

Also recall years ago when I bought Chevy's where my brother was the
service manager. Warranties did not last long, if there was one, and my
car developed a cracked block and needed a new engine. My brother could
not reduce the labor cost but bought the engine himself for the shop to
install. He saved me the %100 part markup that the dealer would have
charged.