Old May 3rd 19, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 3.3L Chrysler V6?

On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 10:28:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 24, 2002 at 6:42:21 PM UTC-4, the fly wrote:
> > Looking at buying a new car while I can get 5 yrs. at no interest.
> > Does anyone have much experience with the Chrysler 3.3L V6 used in the
> > mini vans? (Town & Country, Caravan, etc).
> > Any reliability or serviceability concerns?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark

> Hi,
>
> I have owned a 2003 town and country since new. It owes me nothing. I have just over 211,000 miles and it does not burn a drop of oil. Most of the engine parts are original. I have done normal service and replaced radiator because the cooling fan broke off a part and it slammed into the radiator causing a major leak. I say this "tongue in cheek, and with a little embarrassment that it may have original plugs and wires. Leave a dead horse to lie is a good motto. It is a bit noisy when the a/c is running but it to is original. 2 years ago I was told it needed a complete a/c system change at a cost of $1240.00. Seeing its age I went home to decide. My decision was a bottle of a/c pro for $29.00 and it has been ice cold ever since and I live in Florida. Go figure, another garage trying to rip me off. I have had to replace the headliner because it was falling down. I have a tow package on it and only wish it was the 3.8 engine instead of the 3.3 version. It is still my best friend and would be hard pressed to sell or give away. My wife drives a VW diesel Jetta (50MPG). Enjoy your T & C.

I own a 2003 Town & Country also. Having to replace the engine right now as I speak though. Not complaining one bit though, got 313,550 miles on it and have not touched it until now. Changed the oil every 3000-3500 miles and it still runs good but front and back seals started leaking all of a sudden so I will just replace it. Can't afford to replace bc it's a handicapped accessible van and they'll run you a cool $65,000.