Old September 7th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
MT-2500[_23_]

Default Autozone- illegal bait & switch advertising?

j Wrote:
> I went to the Autozone website and found a power steering pressure hose
> for
> a 1977 Ford F-250 with a 351 engine for $16.99. When I went to the
> store to
> purchase it, they had a different brand in their computer for $19.99.
> Their
> computer did not show the less expensive brand. They told me that it
> was
> because the cheaper one is only available online. Does anyone know this
> be true? Has anyone had a similar experience? I assumed that whatever
> Autozone advertised on their webpage was representative of what their
> retail
> stores carried.

Good old auto zone.
Most will ask you if you want the cheap or cheaper one and cry there
eyeballs out if they do not have the cheaper one in stock.
But you usually get what you pay for.
I would perfer to get the better OEM type stuff.
The good stuff only hurts one time. The elcheapo cheaper stuff may bite
you in the rear many times.
MT

--
MT-2500