Old May 19th 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default is the 3.5L 6 cyl 1994 LHS an interference engine?

Joe wrote:

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>
>>random electron wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>Does anyone know if the engine in a 1994 LHS is an interference engine
>>>(aka crash motor)? It's a 3.5L 6 cyl.
>>>
>>>Thanks

>>According to the Gates Timing Belt Replacement Guide
>>(http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?br...cation_id=3487 - click
>>the pdf link - give it time to download even if it acts like it's done),
>>it *is* an interference engine.
>>

> It's not. Just let folks that have broken their belts answer and that way
> there's no confusion.

Is that true specifically of 94's? I may have read discussions on this
in the past in which it was concluded (at least by some) that certain
years were iterference, others were not (even though the Gates guide
shows them all as interfeence).

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')