Old February 10th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larrybud

Default Bait Car

necromancer
<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org>
wrote in :

> I'm watching this show on TruTV called, "Bait Car," where the
> LAPD essentially baits car thieves with an expensive car left in
> the 'hood, generally with keys in ignition and unlocked. Of
> course, the car is equipped to shut off when the cops send the
> signal.
>
> What amazes me is just how stupid some people are that they take
> the car anyway eventhough anyone with two functional braincells
> would see it for the trap that it is.

Years ago my sister-in-law left their car in the driveway with the
keys in it, unlocked. It was stolen that night.

Don't ever make the assumption that someone isn't stupid enough to do
such a thing, and that's what the thiefs are betting on.

Not to say the car thiefs are much smarter. It's a toss up, really.