Old June 29th 05, 05:18 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 wrote:

> If the problem is with the clutch not fully disengaging, I cannot
> imagine there not being a way to adjust it.

The clutch cable setup on this car is "self adjusting" via a ratchet-grab
mechanism at the top of the pedal arm, but:

1) Sometimes it needs a little help, which is achieved by repeatedly
pressing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, then sliding your foot
off the pedal so it springs forcefully back up. Five or six times ought to
do it.

2) If the clutch cable has stretched significantly, it will need to be
replaced.

> There is most likely a lever near the bell housing. Have someone
> operate the clutch while you look around the bell housing (engine off,
> of course). You should see a cable moving a lever. That is most likely
> where the adjustment point would be.

There is no adjustment at that point on this car.

DS (when somebody asks for help, don't *guess*! Just don't post if you
don't know the answer.)